Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 bunch kale
1 medium-size yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Wash kale, cut stems off and chop into small pieces and put aside. Cut or tear leaves into small pieces.
2. Warm oil in pan, add ginger, garlic, and salt to taste. Sauté for one minute.
3. Add onion, sauté for a few more minutes.
4. Add kale, stir well and then add a splash of water. Cover and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Check for desired tenderness and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 10 servings or more
1 to 2 bunches kale
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Remove kale from stalk, leaving the greens in large pieces.
3. Place a little olive oil in a bowl, dip your fingers and rub a very light coat of oil over the kale.
4. Place kale on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until it starts to turn a bit brown. Keep an eye on it as it can burn quickly.
5. Turn the kale over and bake with the other side up. Remove and serve.
For added flavor sprinkle with a little salt or spice, such as curry or cumin after rubbing on olive oil.